- Dry pink wines extend rosé trend in Pacific Northwest
- Oregon wine leader King Estate promotes winemaker Brent Stone to COO
- Metropolitan Grill in Seattle receives rare Grand Award from Wine Spectator
- Maryhill Winery preps for final concert at its amphitheater
- Washington wine research seminar set for July 11 in Woodinville
- Taste of Cascadia gathers 20 top winemakers to The Lodge at Columbia Point
- Brian Carter rosé rises to top of Washington State Wine Competition
- Tiny Grantwood Winery tops Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Savor Idaho serves as delicious barometer for Idaho wine industry
- 2018 vintage for Northwest wine growers tracks ahead of hot 2015
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Late Harvest Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! Jarrod and Ali Boyle have it all going on. They own and operate a gorgeous estate vineyard in the southern Horse Heaven Hills overlooking the Columbia River. The run tasting rooms on both sides of the Cascades (Prosser and Woodinville. And they are making some killer wines. This late-harvest Riesling is anything but a simple slurper. It reveals a gorgeous nose of spice, violet, agave nectar, apricot and tangerine, followed by flavors of lavender lemonade, baked apple and Tahitian vanilla. It’s 3.9% residual sugar, but you might never know it, as the acidity keeps up perfectly with the sweetness. The delicate flavors of lilac and dried mango in the finish help make this a delicious wine with mild curries.
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.