- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Abacela 2012 Albariño, Umpqua Valley, $18
Earl and Hilda Jones helped pioneer this Spanish white variety some 15 years ago, and they continue to make one of the best examples. This opens with exotic aromas of jasmine, lychee and Asian pear, followed by inviting flavors of pear, apple and kumquat, all backed with bracing acidity and a brisk lime finish. A perfect wine to pair with crab cakes.
Production: 1,113 cases