- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Willamette Valley Vineyards 2012 Riesling, Willamette Valley, $14
Best Buy! Last year, Don Crank marked his 10th anniversary of working for Jim Bernau at the Turner, Ore., winery, and this semi-sweet version ranks with the largest bottlings of this noble white in the state. Aromas are reminsicent of ripe Barlett pear, peach and apple pie spice. There’s a delicious blend of ambrosia salad and agave nectar on the rich palate. The residual sugar is at 3.3%, but frothy lemon/lime acidity gives it remarkable length. Crank, a noted foodie, enjoys this with truffle popcorn.
Production: 16,590 cases