- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Jacob Williams Winery 2011 Hi Valley Vineyard Merlot, Columbia Valley, $28
This vineyard near The Dalles, Ore., has proven to be a source of gold medals for Syrah in the hands of longtime Columbia Gorge winemaker John Haw, and he’s got another winner with his Merlot for this Wishram, Wash., winery. Aromas include dusty red currant, ripe raspberry, blueberry, cherry tomato and cocoa powder. Those lead into a rich, bright and plush entry of black currant and black cherry with managed tannins and raspberry acidity. Notes of dried cherry and Craisin make for a lengthy finish.
Production: 230 cases