- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Walla Faces 2012 Estate Syrah, Walla Walla Valley, $40
Some wineries own and operate restaurants. Walla Walla residents Rick and Debbie Johnson also are innkeepers with two options — Walla Faces Inns at the Vineyard and Walla Faces Inns at Historic Downtown. They collaborate on their wines with Chris Camarda of acclaimed Andrew Will, and this Syrah comes off their vineyard near Mill Creek and the Blue Mountain foothills. Enticing spices, dark plum, blackberry, blueberry and rose petal begin to describe the aromas. The rich entry features Marionberry and plum within a medium tannin structure. Pomegranate acidity and more spice lead to a rich finish.
Production: 195 cases