- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
McKinley Springs 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon, Horse Heaven Hills, $24
The Andrews family established their winery in 2000, and their original block of Cabernet Sauvignon — planted back in 1980 — factors into this blend with their younger Block 17. The nose is rich with Chukar Cherry, black currant, poached plum, toast, black pepper and cedar. Its structure carries tones of red cherry and dried cranberry as elegant, fine-grained tannins give this a lighter approach that should pair nicely with a char-grilled ribeye or pasta slathered in a tomato-based sauce.
Production: 1,255 cases