- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Denison Cellars 2012 Deuxieme Version Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, $26
Tim Wilson’s McMinnville-based winery creates four styles of Pinot Noir, referring to this as its “Willamette Valley” release — a blend of Kiff Vineyard in the Yamhill-Carlton American Viticultural Area and Johnson Ridge Vineyard in the Eola-Amity Hills. The melange of 667, 777 and Pommard fruit in 20% new French oak shows with fruit-forward aromas of Marionberry, black currant and plum with a whiff of smoked spices. The drink’s structure brings nice shoulders with black currant, grilled strawberry and elderberry. It marks Wilson’s fourth commercial vintage, and he continues to build on his reputation.
Production: 84 cases