- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Ryan Patrick Vineyards 2013 Naked Chardonnay, Columbia Valley, $10
Best Buy! There can be some confusion regarding the amount of barrel influence on many examples of Chardonnay, but there’s no oak involved when the term “naked” is involved. Columbia Basin winemaker Jeremy Santo creates fun and damn tasty bottle for the Flanagans, who brought in grapes during late September from venerable Sagemoor, Wautoma Winds near Cold Creek and the Milbrandts’ Sundance Vineyard on the Wahluke Slope. Sweet pineapple and mango aromas that gather up peach, apricot, tangerine and slate notes lead into a nicely balanced and dry approach of white peach, starfruit and melon, backed by navel orange and lime pith.
Production: 8,200 cases