- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
San Juan Vineyards 2011 Cabernet Franc, Horse Heaven Hills, $28
Island winemaker Chris Primus continues his relationship with Columbia Valley growers, and his work with Cabernet Franc from Alder Ridge Vineyard shows consistent excellence. There’s classic Cab Franc leafy notes in the nose, which shows a reddish fruit tone with red currant and Bing cherry amid caramel and Horse Heaven Hills minerality. The drink offers firm but smooth tannins in a medium structure that’s surrounded by fresh cranberry, pie cherry and blueberry, backed by dried tea leaves in the finish. Fortunately, owner Yvonne Swanberg gave Primus the OK to increase production by nearly 100 cases over the 2010 vintage.
Production: 381 cases