- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Jacob Williams Winery 2010 Eagle Ranch Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $35
Longtime Columbia Gorge winemaker John Haw worked with this fascinating site near the Eastern Oregon town of Echo for Brad Gearhart’s nicely aged Cab. Sweet aromas of huckleberry and black raspberry pick up accents of purple lavender, white chocolate and black pepper along with a whiff of campfire smoke. There’s a pleasing entry of dark elderberry and blueberry that’s backed by firm tannins and a juicy midpalate. The finish is smooth with lingering black cherry flavors.
Production: 250 cases