- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Jacob Williams Winery 2013 McDuffee Vineyard Chardonnay, Columbia Valley, $24
This vineyard near The Dalles, Ore., is just outside of the Columbia Gorge American Viticultural Area, but it’s a short drive across the Columbia River from Brad Gearhart’s new tasting room and barrel room in Wishram, Wash. The complex profile features hints of mango, lime zest, Lemonhead Candy, ginger, saffron, gravel dust and a touch of smoke. Its structure is rich and round with Bartlett pear and a long finish of caramel-coated Gala apple.
Production: 285 cases