- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Indian Creek Winery 2014 Chardonnay, Snake River Valley, $12
Best Buy! Bill Stowe founded his winery in Kuna, Idaho, more than three decades ago, and son-in-law Mike McClure continues to the tradition of deliciously affordable wines. Last year, he brought in lots from Arena Valley Vineyard, Sawtooth and Stowe vineyards on Sept. 15 at 22 Brix, and the 50 percent barrel fermentation makes for aromas of brioche, Gala apple and baked pear. There’s pleasing lanolin viscosity on the entry to the palate as flavors of peach and nectarine lead to a cleansing finish of Mandarin orange. This wine earned a silver medal at the 2015 Idaho Wine Competition, and suggested pairings include Fettucine Alfredo, Linguini in Clam Sauce or Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Production: 400 cases