- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Knight Hill Winery 2012 Two Coyote Vineyard CheckMate Red Wine, Yakima Valley, $32
Rattlesnake Hills winemaker Terry Harrison pulls from nearby Two Coyote Vineyard for this Right Bank Bordeaux-style blend of Merlot (60%) and Cabernet Sauvignon that reveals an Old World approach. Aromas of cassis, blueberry, green peppercorns, chalkboard dust and vanilla are matched on the palate as currant skin tannins and pomegranate acidity make for a medium finish. Look for this at Wray’s Market and other grocers in Yakima as well as at the Zillah, Wash., winery.
Production: 72 cases