- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Interest in Viognier growing across Pacific Northwest
Airfield Estates 2014 Viognier, Yakima Valley, $15
Best Buy! Traditionally, Marcus Miller steers the Viognier from his family’s 860-acre vineyard into bottlings such as the popular Flygirl White. This time, however, he chose to showcase the white Rhône grape and offers it with a program that includes 10 percent neutral French oak. It comes with a theme of orange blossom, mango, orange Creamsicle and a hint of butter, making for a round and rich midpalate of lemon yogurt. That solid fruit core finishes with orange pith for food-friendly balance. Look for this in Seattle at Esquin Wine & Spirits.
Production: 520 cases