- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Windy Canyon 2014 Syrah, Walla Walla Valley, $35
Charles Weaver and his family recently launched its Windy Canyon brand south of Lowden, Wash., crafting small lots of red wines, and their expression with Syrah comes from Les Collines Vineyard in the foothills of the Blue Mountains. This beautiful and graceful Syrah offers aromas of blackberry jam, smoked bacon and dark chocolate. On the palate, it is loaded with flavors of boysenberry and a whisper of smoke, all backed by firm yet supple tannins. One of the ways that the Weavers enjoy this Syrah is paired with a rib eye. It earned a gold medal at the 2016 Cascadia Wine Competition.
Production: 24 cases