- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Cabernet Franc builds upon following as ‘third Bordeaux’
Dusted Valley Vintners 2013 Cabernet Franc, Columbia Valley, $42
A collection of some of Washington’s premier vineyards – Dionysus, Elephant Mountain, Olsen and StoneTree – go in this bottling that’s a street-legal Cabernet Franc but with significant contributions from Merlot (20%), Petit Verdot (3%) and Malbec (2%). Aromas include hints of herbs de Provence, cherry tobacco, white chocolate and damp cement, followed by an easy drink of ripe Rainier cherry and chocolate-covered orange peel. Pleasing cranberry juice acidity and nicely managed tannins make for nice length.
Production: 250 cases