- Union Wine Co. doubles production, adds sales reps beyond Oregon
- Abacela brings home more gold with Grenache rosé
- Individual tickets available for 32nd annual IPNC in Oregon
- Taste Washington grows attendance by 15 percent
- Deep roots in wine lead Elizabeth Bourcier to La Rata in Walla Walla
- Tony Rynders helps Open Claim Vineyards start with Chardonnay
- Seattle businessmen buy controlling interest in Walla Walla’s Abeja
- British Columbia wines golden at California’s Pacific Rim judging
- Wild Goose Vineyards Pinot Gris repeats as Cascadia best of show
- GSM among Washington’s most delicious blends
Sauvignon Blanc a perfect Northwest summer white
Often overlooked, Sauvignon Blanc from the Pacific Northwest is a perfect summer wine. It’s usually crisp, refreshing and perfect pairing with fresh Northwest cuisine.
Sauvignon Blanc from this corner of the wine world usually is not like what one might find from New Zealand or even California. We often perceive notes of melon, fresh herbs, lime and orchard fruit.
Our favorite pairings with Northwest Sauvignon Blanc include oysters (from raw to barbecued), seared scallops, grilled salmon, prawns, vegetable kebobs, Greek salads, tamales and even nopalitos con huevos.
Here are a half-dozen delicious examples that are ready to be chilled and enjoyed during these warm summer days.