- Dry pink wines extend rosé trend in Pacific Northwest
- Oregon wine leader King Estate promotes winemaker Brent Stone to COO
- Metropolitan Grill in Seattle receives rare Grand Award from Wine Spectator
- Maryhill Winery preps for final concert at its amphitheater
- Washington wine research seminar set for July 11 in Woodinville
- Taste of Cascadia gathers 20 top winemakers to The Lodge at Columbia Point
- Brian Carter rosé rises to top of Washington State Wine Competition
- Tiny Grantwood Winery tops Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Savor Idaho serves as delicious barometer for Idaho wine industry
- 2018 vintage for Northwest wine growers tracks ahead of hot 2015
Cabernet Sauvignon is king in Washington
In Washington state, Cabernet Sauvignon is king. More acreage than any other variety, more retail value than any other wine, and more tons crushed each fall.
And the classic Bordeaux red makes arguably Washington’s best wines.
Here are a dozen delicious examples we’ve tasted recently – all of which have earned our top “Outstanding!” rating in blind tastings.