- Dry pink wines extend rosé trend in Pacific Northwest
- Oregon wine leader King Estate promotes winemaker Brent Stone to COO
- Metropolitan Grill in Seattle receives rare Grand Award from Wine Spectator
- Maryhill Winery preps for final concert at its amphitheater
- Washington wine research seminar set for July 11 in Woodinville
- Taste of Cascadia gathers 20 top winemakers to The Lodge at Columbia Point
- Brian Carter rosé rises to top of Washington State Wine Competition
- Tiny Grantwood Winery tops Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Savor Idaho serves as delicious barometer for Idaho wine industry
- 2018 vintage for Northwest wine growers tracks ahead of hot 2015
Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest wine
From bud break to punch down, contributing photographer Richard Duval traverses the Pacific Northwest wine industry to capture the vibrant community through all its phases.
Ranging from a riveting sunset over a vineyard, the swirling splendor of the pour to a winemaker’s fierce passion around the clock during crush, the Woodinville, Wash., photojournalist finds the moment that becomes magic in a glass for our readers.
Here are some of his – and our – favorites images from the 2016 vintage.