- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Stottle Winery 2014 Lucille Late Harvest Viognier, Yakima Valley, $20
The aromatics of Viognier continue to lure Josh Stottlemyre into creating a dessert wine, and he allowed these clusters to hang at Two Coyote Vineyard until they developed 28 Brix at harvest. Lovely scents that hint at peach blossom and lavender-infused honey lead to flavors of lychee and apricot. Ample acidity to balance the residual sugar of 6%, not an easy accomplishment with this typically soft white Rhône variety, arrives amid the finish of honey, beeswax and peach skin.
Production: 92 cases