- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Tinhorn Creek Vineyards 2013 Oldfield Series Estate Syrah, Okanagan Valley, $32
Devotees of cool-climate Syrah have a sweet spot for their research in British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley, and yet Sandra Oldfield’s estate sites, particularly Diamondback Vineyard on the Black Sage Bench, receive plenty of heat to ripen this red Rhône grape. Blended with the winery’s namesake vineyard on the Golden Mile Bench, the 18 months in French oak supplied bright and spicy tones of boysenberry, pomegranate and pie cherry with orange oil, crushed California peppercorns and wet gravel. At the iconic on-premise Miradoro Restaurant, enjoy it with Jeff Van Geest’s Yogurt-Braised Lamb Shank.
Production: 762 cases