- Savor Idaho serves as delicious barometer for Idaho wine industry
- 2018 vintage for Northwest wine growers tracks ahead of hot 2015
- Auction of Washington Wines grows Private Barrel lots by 55 percent
- Parks Redwine, owner of NorthWest Wine Summit competition, dies in Atlanta
- 15 years of women in wine at Walla Walla Community College
- Union Wine Co. doubles production, adds sales reps beyond Oregon
- Abacela brings home more gold with Grenache rosé
- Individual tickets available for 32nd annual IPNC in Oregon
- Taste Washington grows attendance by 15 percent
- Deep roots in wine lead Elizabeth Bourcier to La Rata in Walla Walla
Affordable Northwest reds
The Pacific Northwest remains a great region for finding high-quality value wines.
A big part of this is land prices. Compared with quality land in Northern California, land in Washington’s Columbia Valley is fairly inexpensive. And labor prices are also reasonably low, as a vast majority of vineyards are mechanically harvested, reducing costs considerably.
Here are 11 delicious Northwest reds we have tasted in recent weeks. Ask for them at your favorite wine shop or contact the wineries directly.