- Union Wine Co. doubles production, adds sales reps beyond Oregon
- Abacela brings home more gold with Grenache rosé
- Individual tickets available for 32nd annual IPNC in Oregon
- Taste Washington grows attendance by 15 percent
- Deep roots in wine lead Elizabeth Bourcier to La Rata in Walla Walla
- Tony Rynders helps Open Claim Vineyards start with Chardonnay
- Seattle businessmen buy controlling interest in Walla Walla’s Abeja
- British Columbia wines golden at California’s Pacific Rim judging
- Wild Goose Vineyards Pinot Gris repeats as Cascadia best of show
- GSM among Washington’s most delicious blends
Affordable Northwest white wines under $15
With the arrival of sunny skies across the Pacific Northwest, it’s that time of year when we want to always have a couple of white wine in the fridge, ready to open to enjoy at the end of a warm day with a plate of fresh seafood, pasta or grilled vegetables.
Typically, white wines cost less than reds, primarily because the cost less to make. They spend less time in expensive oak barrels and more time in stainless steel and are released sooner after harvest. This means they tend to have fresh, delicious flavors that pair so well with Northwest cuisine.
Here are a dozen delicious Northwest whites, all of which are under $15 a bottle. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.