- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Wine By Joe 2015 Pinot Gris, Willamette Valley, $14
Best Buy! One of Oregon’s most acclaimed winemakers, “Hollywood” Joe Dobbes, pulls largely from his 30-year-old Seabreeze Vineyard northwest of Salem for this bottling under his bargain Wine By Joe program. It’s a well-balanced, bright and flavorful Pinot Gris that opens with aromas of lemon meringue pie and melon that lead to sparkly citrus notes of lemon and lime. With a light to medium body, the juice lingers across the palate to deliver a creamy texture of rich pear and another dose of lemon that begs for garlic hummus and pita chips or bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with blue cheese. This earned a gold medal at the 2017 Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 14,000 cases