- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Washington Riesling not just a Ste. Michelle thing
Daven Lore Winery 2015 Sweet Riesling, Yakima Valley, $18
Prosser vintner Gordon Taylor and his winemaker, Sonya Symons, work with Prosser grower Patricia O’Brien for this peachy and tasty Riesling from 25-year-old vines that’s definitely on the sweeter side at 6% residual sugar. Aromas of nectarine, apricot and cherry blossom lead to delicious flavors of stone fruit and guava with a nice burst of lemon/lime acidity to balance the long and honeyed finish. Taylor suggests serving this well chilled and with an antipasti platter, an iceberg lettuce wedge with blue cheese, Fettuccini Alfredo or Lemon Squares.
Production: 72 cases