- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Washington Riesling not just a Ste. Michelle thing
Cedar River Cellars 2015 Mormor Riesling, Yakima Valley, $18
Oregon State alum Micah Nasarow landed in Seattle suburb of Renton and draws his drinking water from the Cedar River Watershed, but his Riesling continues to come from the Miller family’s expansive Airfield Estates near Prosser. He produces this in an off-dry style as a tribute to his family’s grandmother from Norway, and the nose fans out enticing jasmine blossom notes with rock candy and lime. A bit of spritz adds lift to the midpalate, followed by lemon pith and a late burst of acidity to easily balance the residual sugar of 2%. Look for this wine at All Things Wine, The Wine Alley, Top of the Hill and the winery, where they enjoy it with a wedge of Beecher’s Flagship cheese.
Production: 48 cases