- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
William Church Winery 2014 Reagan’s Vintage 2 Spires Red Wine, Columbia Valley, $38
This Woodinville winery operated by grads of Washington State University has shined with Syrah soon after opening in the Warehouse District in 2005, and that luscious Rhône red paves the way to this blend with Cabernet Sauvignon (32%). Opulent use of new French oak makes for aromas of plum jam and toast with blackberry, cured meat and a touch of minerality. There’s beautiful balance to the ripe purple fruit flavors as blueberry skin tannins and boysenberry acidity lead out with notes of Damson plum and dark chocolate.
Production: 290 cases