- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
The Conqueror 2016 Rosé, Horse Heaven Hills, $17
Precept Wine’s vineyard relationships in the Horse Heavens are substantial, and the Seattle-based company can pull off projects such nearly a 1,000 cases of a Bandol-inspired rosé made from 100% of Mourvèdre. Tropical fruit aromas hint at Juicy Fruit Gum, dried pineapple and mango, and that theme is presented on the palate in serious fashion, joined by white peach and pink strawberry. A persistent pulse of lime juice and pulp makes for an elegantly bone-dry finish. Enjoy with chicken rubbed with Herbes de Provence, Mongolian beef or short ribs. The Conqueror lineup can be found at Kroger grocers Fred Meyer and QFC.
Production: 880 cases