- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Rocky Pond Winery 2015 Clos CheValle Vineyard Chardonnay, Lake Chelan, $24
Before the Dufenhorsts began to establish their Double D Vineyard near the banks of the Columbia River, they purchased Clos CheValle Vineyard overlooking the south shore of Lake Chelan. This barrel-fermented Chardonnay is a product of 10-year-old vines, and it shows balance and the deft touch of consulting winemaker Ron Bunnell. After weekly lees stirring in barrel for six months, the use of 40 percent new oak allows for aromas of starfruit, dried pineapple and dried apricot. Its flavors open with tropical tones, follow with white peach and are capped by a lick of creamy butterscotch and touch of toast. Suggested pairings include roasted chicken and light pasta dishes.
Production: 203 cases