- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Spindrift Cellars 2014 BoVine Vineyard Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, $28
Matt Compton’s work with this young 5-acre site south of Corvallis, Ore., continues to show promise under the Spindrift Cellars label. A clonal selections of Pommard, Wadenswil and 667 offers spicy aromas of dark red fruit, toasted coconut and vanilla. There’s less barrel influence on the palate, where plums and dried cherries swirl together in a pleasing structure for a long finish capped by a lick of smoked chocolate.
Production: 168 cases