- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
DiStefano Winery 2013 Carménère, Columbia Valley, $39
Woodinville winemaker Mark Newton began in the 1980s with bubbles before transitioning the DiStefano Winery brand toward Bordeaux varieties, so his support for the Carménère movement in Washington state fits the program. Classic aromas of black pepper, moist earth, Marionberry and crushed blueberries are joined by grilled chorizo. Dark cherry and blackberry flavors arrive up front for a deliciously juicy profile that washes over the tannins, allowing for a finishing turn of a pepper mill.
Production: 130 cases