- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Tapteil Vineyard Winery 2015 Estate Grenache, Red Mountain, $38
Larry Pearson grows some of Red Mountain’s best fruit for a number of the Northwest’s top winemakers, but he doesn’t sell all of his prime grapes. Greanche is a recent addition at Tapteil, which Pearson began to transform from a campsite into vineyard back in 1985, and he continues to prove Red Mountain’s versatility with this, which opens with aromas of cherry juice, dusty herbs and a freshly opened bag of Strawberry Twizzlers. Those bright, high-toned red fruit tones splash around the palate with flavors of sweet raspberry and Craisin. Blueberry skin tannins and pomegranate acidity combine for a round and graceful finish that’s easy to enjoy.
Production: 185 cases