- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Cave B Estate Winery 2016 Cave B Vineyards Cavewoman White Wine, Ancient Lakes of Columbia Valley, $14
Best Buy! Freddy Arredondo, a product of Walla Walla Community College’s vaunted viticulture and enology program, has crafted this unusual blend of Sèmillon and Chardonnay off his family’s estate into a wine that’s a traditional standout in north central Washington. This opens with grassy, figgy notes from the Sèmillon, backed by crisp acidity, followed by flavors of tropical fruit including mango and pineapple. This is a complex, pleasing wine that should work great with seafood. It captured a gold medal and went on to win best of class at the 2017 Wenatchee Wine Awards.
Production: 300 cases