- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Malaga Springs Winery 2015 Malbec, Columbia Valley, $24
Al Matthews made just two barrels of this superb Malbec. It opens with aromas of chocolate-covered cherries, a whiff of smokiness and ripe raspberry. The richness of the midpalate is tempered by tannins that are prevalent without being harsh. Thanks to the rich acidity, this will pair well with a grilled steak and could benefit from a little time in your cellar. It grabbed a gold medal and went on to claim best of class at the 2017 Wenatchee Wine Awards.
Production: 50 cases