- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Seven Bridges Winery 2013 Seven Hills Vineyard Syrah, Walla Walla Valley, $42
Bob Switzer, Kevin Ross and Jim Straus launched Seven Bridges Winery in 2008, and the Portland vintners wisely chose to source their Syrah from Seven Hills Vineyard, a venerable site on the Oregon side of the Walla Walla Valley. Sweet barrel spices are met by big dark fruit tones of cordial cherry, blackberry and blueberry jam for a slightly hedonistic finish. Look for their wines in the Portland area at Fred Meyer’s Stadium and Raleigh Hills stores, Zupan’s, QFC and The Wine Cellar as well as their Hardin Avenue tasting room in the shadow of the 405 Bridge near the north shore of the Willamette River.
Production: 114 cases