- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyards 2015 Timnah Block Estate Côt et Merlau Malbec-Merlot, Umpqua Valley, $31
Stephen Reustle’s skill with cool-climate whites, Pinot Noir, Syrah and Tempranillo are widely publicized, so his work with this 50-50 offering of Malbec and Merlot should not come as a major surprise. Its huge nose carries cherry and plum juice with clove and Jolly Rancher grape candy. The Merlot provides some nice grip backed by dark cherry and barrel spices with lingering blueberry in the finish. On top of that, the restrained alcohol makes it clearly cellar worthy. It earned a 2017 Platinum, a gold at the 2017 Oregon Wine Awards and an Outstanding! from our recent release panel.
Production: 330 cases