- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Rio Vista Wines 2016 Antoine Creek Vineyards Viognier, Columbia Valley, $30
Antoine Creek Vineyard, upstream from Wells Dam, is quickly gaining a reputation as one of the sites in Washington for Viognier. That case is built around the results of the Wenatchee Wine Awards, where this wine has won a gold medal or better for the third straight vintage. Aromas of jasmine flowers and hints of orange and mango fruit. On the palate, tropical fruit dominates the flavors, with just a whisper of residual sweetness rounding out the flavors. It earned best of class at the 2017 Wenatchee Wine Awards.
Production: 222 cases