- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Adega Northwest 2015 Weinbau Vineyard Growers Cuvée Miguel Rodriguez GSM, Columbia Valley, $30
Portland sommelier Bradford Cowin has been serious about becoming a winemaker since 2007 when he worked in the cellar at R. Stuart in McMinnville, but it was his time at Long Shadows Vintners in Walla Walla that got him access to venerable Weinbau Vineyard on Washington’s Wahluke Slope. Cowin uses this GSM blend to pay tribute to vineyard manager Miguel Rodriguez, who has been working at this Sagemoor Farms site since 1979. The coalescence of Syrah (40%), Grenache (30%) and Mourvèdre offers aromas of plum jam, black currant syrup and cherry juice that are joined by cured meat and black pepper. The pleasing structure of pliable tannins amid a long stream of purple fruit flavors comes with savory black olive notes and a juicy finish.
Production: 50 cases