- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Martin-Scott Winery 2015 Founder’s Blend 50% Syrah/50% Petite Sirah, Columbia Valley, $40
Mike and Judi Scott create this wine with the concept of “due fratelli,” a reference to their two sons. In this case, it’s a blend of two strong personalities – an even blend of Rhône Valley relatives Syrah and Petite Sirah. There’s no shortage of macerated black cherry, plum and blackberry notes, which meld with barrel influences that hint at vanilla, coconut, black pepper and brown sugar. Its drink-now structure is jammy and carries into a long and appealing finish of dark chocolate and plums that are backed by energizing cherry/pomegranate acidity.
Production: 103 cases