- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
GSM among Washington’s most delicious blends
Colter’s Creek Winery 2012 Arrow Rim Red GSM, Idaho, $25
Washington State University grad Melissa Sanborn blends estate grapes from the proposed the Lewis-Clark Valley with Snake River Valley fruit off Skyline, Sawtooth and Williamson for this GSM-style bottling that also includes Viognier. Aromatics offer nuances of Marionberry, blueberry dark toast and citrus peel, which leads to a nicely balanced, fruit-driven drink of dusty blueberry, boysenberry and Marionberry. This merited a silver medal at the 2015 Idaho Wine Competition.
Production: 300 cases