- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Barrister Winery 2014 Petit Verdot, Columbia Valley, $41
Attorney-led Barrister Winery in Spokane, Wash., produced this standout. Smoky aromas of dark plum, cherry pipe tobacco, espresso, and raisins, mingle on the palate with spicy peppery blackberry, and racing acid keeps this Petit Verdot bright and exciting. This 2014 vintage is showing bright and fresh, but with a maturity in body that one would expect from Dionysus fruit. This won double gold and best in class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 146 cases