- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Mt. Hood Winery 2015 Dry Hollow Vineyard Merlot, Columbia Valley, $34
The Bickford family in Hood River, Ore., showcases the versatility of viticulture in the Columbia Gorge with this Merlot grown just south of The Dalles. Bing cherries and sage aromas rise out of the glass to make your mouth water. The mouth feel is silky-smooth, delivering intense flavors of dark ripe cherries, dark chocolate and a hint of oregano. This won a gold medal and best of class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 96 cases