- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Fletcher Bay Winery 2015 Kylee’s Barrel Select Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Walla Walla Valley, $48
Fletcher Bay Winery of Bainbridge Island, Wash., reached across the Cascades into the Walla Walla Valley’s Los Oidos Vineyard — managed by acclaimed viticulturist Kenny Hart — for the fruit for its 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon. Those grapes produced a wine with dark blue fruit and spice aromas, followed by black cherry and black currant flavors, spice and generous tannins sporting dark chocolate elements in its lengthy finish. This won a gold medal and best of class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 72 cases