- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Eaglemount Wine & Cider NV Quince Mead, Puget Sound, $22
Eaglemount Wine & Cider in Port Townsend, Wash., used quince and honey from the San Juan Islands to make its quince mead, which clearly shows what it’s made from in its aromas and sweet flavors. If you’re unfamiliar with quince, conjure up the best elements of poached pear and Fuji apples and you’ll have the idea. This won the award for best nongrape wine at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 100 cases