- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Ste. Chapelle 2016 Special Harvest Riesling, Snake River Valley, $12
Best Buy! Ste. Chapelle’s work with this late-harvest style Riesling ranks among the most recognizable ambassadors for Idaho’s emerging wine industry. Homegrown winemaking talent Meredith Smith draws from estate Skyline Vineyard as well as nearby Williamson and Winery Mill vineyards, and she left it with a pleasing level of sweetness at 7% residual sugar. Sweet lemon, apricot preserves and a whiff of petrol lead to flavors of poached pear with vanilla, Uncola and jasmine. The spritz of orange cream soda adds ample acidity to make this a pleasant sipper. Suggested pairings include Angel Food Cake, shortbread cookies or fresh fruit.
Production: 7,500 cases