- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Cedergreen Cellars 2015 Gamay Noir, Columbia Valley, $25
Kirkland vintner Kevin Cedergreen pulls from Skyline Vineyard, a higher-elevation site in the Yakima Valley, for this youthful and gorgeous Gamay Noir. Tantalizing aromas of strawberry-watermelon candy, red currant, violets and buttered popcorn lead to high-toned red fruit notes of strawberry-rhubarb compote and Montmorency cherry. The lovely midpalate comes with a pinch of cherry pipe tobacco and lavender. Its veritable absence of tannin makes it an ideal pairing with Thanksgiving table fare, lamb or salmon. Seek their wines at grocers with wine stewards such as Central Market, PCC, QFC and Whole Foods as well as bottle shops and Puget Sound-area wine lists. This earned a gold medal on its way to a best-of-class award at the 2018 SavorNW Wine Awards on Cannon Beach.
Production: 165 cases