- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
2Hawk Vineyard & Winery 2015 Tempranillo, Rogue Valley, $31
Jen and Ross Allen, owners of 2Hawk Vineyard & Winery, are flying high with estate-grown Tempranillo. The Medford, Ore., winery used Tinta de Toro clone fruit from its estate in the Bear Creek region to craft a bold wine with dark cherry and plum aromas and flavors, chalky tannins and a juicy cherry finish nice acidity. This won a double gold medal at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition. It marked the second expression of Tempranillo released this year by 2Hawk to receive a top rating from one of our tasting panels. Suggested pairings include grilled pork chops with a spicy corn relish.
Production: 160 cases