- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Nodland Cellars 2014 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Walla Walla Valley, $40
Spokane attorney Timothy B. Nodland recently restructured his winery into a members-only business model, and his work with this Cab from two of Norm McKibben’s historic vineyards in the Walla Walla Valley — Pepper Bridge and Seven Hills — is a worthy effort. Aromas of dusty black cherries, plum, mint chocolate and tar are realized on the palate. Its youthful structure of blueberry skin tannins and blackberry acidity combine for a long finish.
Production: 52 cases