- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Barons Winery 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $40
Two of Washington state’s historic vineyards — Hedges Estate on Red Mountain and Conner-Lee in the Columbia Basin — combine for this easy-drinking Cab that was produced in conjunction with Woodinville winemaker Matt Loso and now poured in downtown Walla Walla. Aromas of cherry, cassis and a hint of mint are also found on the palate that’s fruit-forward with soft tannins and medium body. This merited a double gold medal at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 194 cases