- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Mt. Hood Winery 2015 Scorched Earth Vineyard Grenache, Columbia Valley, $28
The McDermott family collaborates with acclaimed vineyard manager Lonnie Wright on Scorched Earth Vineyard in Dallesport, Wash., and Hood River winemaker Rich Cushman crafts the wine for the Bickford family’s Mt. Hood Winery project. Bright and fresh aromas of cherry and strawberry include an enticing hint of cedar that supports the fruit. The palate is silky smooth, offering a velvety texture that provides the flavors to match the nose, plus a twist of fresh pipe tobacco, making every sip a delight. This won a gold medal and best of class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition. It was one of 10 gold medals awarded during the judging to wines made by Cushman.
Production: 101 cases